Home › Windermere Golf Courses & Clubs
Windermere Courses & Clubs
There are plenty of great golf options in Windermere. When you're considering moving to this area of Central Florida, if you're a golfer, you'll want to know where the golf courses are found. Join a country club, play a round once in a while, hit the driving range or take a lesson or two in Windermere.
Most of the golf courses found near Windermere are private country clubs. You will need to join to enjoy these incredible courses. However, for the avid golfer, it will be well worth it. Even those just looking to golf occasionally, the country clubs offer much more than just golf.
Top Golf Courses Near Windermere
- Isleworth Golf & Country Club - This Private golf course located in Windermere features 1, 18 hole, par 72 course designed by Arnold Palmer, Ed Seay, Robert Walker, Steve Smyers. The course is built on rolling terrain and features greens that are generous, undulating and fast. The golf course was recently named the toughest and longest course in the state by the Florida State Golf Association.
- Golden Bear Club - This Private golf course located in Windermere features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Bruce Borland, Jack Nicklaus. The course tests players from the first tee, where a generous fairway awaits with bunkers up the left side and far right of the 433-yard, par-4 hole. The green is surrounded by three bunkers and is divided by a low depression.
- Bay Hill Club and Lodge - This Resort/Private golf course located in Dr Phillips features 2, one 18 and one 9, par 72 and 36 course designed by Arnold Palmer, Dick Wilson, Ed Seay, MacCurrach Golf, Thad Layton, Bob Simmons, Ed Seay. The course Arnold Palmer, the legendary golfer and course designer, is closely connected to the Bay Hill Club & Lodge. Palmer first played the golf course in 1965 and then bought the facility in 1976. It then became his home and regular spot for golf once retired.
- Orange Tree Golf Club - This Private golf course located in Dr Phillips features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Joe Lee. The course is situated on flat terrain, with relatively narrow fairways. The large greens are very fast with subtle undulation. Water hazards come into play on eight holes and there are also many strategically placed sand bunkers.
- Orange County National - Crooked Cat - This Public golf course located in Winter Garden features 2, 18, par 72 course designed by David Harman, Isao Aoki, Phil Ritson. The course has a links-style design with large, contoured greens and wide landing areas. Water hazards and several bunkers come into play throughout. There is also a 9 par executive course available for a quick game.
- West Orange Country Club - This Private golf course located in Winter Garden features 1, 18, par 71 course designed by Lloyd Clifton. The course has short fairways and small greens. There are five lakes and two streams that come into play on 12 holes. The signature hole is the 408-yard par-4 ninth, with a dogleg right and water coming into play.
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando - This Resort golf course located in Lake Buena Vista features 1, 18, par 71 course designed by Dennis Wise, Tom Fazio, Tom Fazio. The course is one of the top courses in Florida by Golf Digest, receiving 4½ stars out of 5. The links features dramatically elevated greens and tees, nine water holes and more than 70 bunkers placed strategically throughout the course.
- Grand Cypress Resort - This Resort golf course located in Lake Buena Vista features 3, two 18 and one 9, par 72 course designed by Jack Nicklaus, Gus Grantham, Rick Jacobson, Thomas Pearson. The course is home to 45 Holes Jack Nicklaus designed championship golf. Inspired by St. Andrews, well known as the birthplace of the game, Nicklaus designed the New Course as an homage to the renowned Old Course. He even created replicas of St. Andrews' most famous holes, including his own version of the infamous Road Hole
- Waldorf Astoria Golf Club - This Resort golf course located in Lake Buena Vista features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Rees Jones, Steve Weisser. The course winds through a large wetland preserve and measuring 7108 yards with a Par 72, Slope 139, and 74.6 rating from its Professional Tees. Holes are visually arresting from tee to green and require intelligent management of the game.
- Walt Disney World - This Resort golf course located in Lake Buena Vista features 3, 18, par 72 course designed by Arnold Palmer, Joe Lee, Rocky Roquemore, Thad Layton. The course features sparkling lakes and tropical sand in a scenic golf landscape populated with strategically placed palms tree-lined fairways. They have more than their share of water and sand hazards as well as elevated greens and tees. The Magnolia course has been a mainstay on the PGA Tour since it opened. The Oak Trail is a 9 hole 36 par course for beginners and families with children.
Click the pins below for information on each Windermere area golf club listed:
*Please note: The inclusion of businesses, individuals, groups, associations and links listed on this site does not imply endorsement by site owner. We make not endorsement, express or implied, of any businesses, individuals, groups, associations or links to or from this site. We are not responsible for the content or activities of any linked sites.